What is Sedation Dentistry Used For?
A general anesthetic or form of sedation may be required if:
- You are particularly anxious about having any treatments done.
- Your teeth are incredibly sensitive.
- You have a poor response to local anesthetics.
- You are undergoing an invasive and extensive dental procedure.
People commonly experience anxiety when they think about the dental treatment they are about to receive. However, we do our utmost to put you at ease, creating the best quality and most effective treatment program possible. This is why we offer sedation dentistry at all our locations, including Coppell.
What Forms of Sedation Are Available?
At our dentist office in Coppell, we offer two forms of sedation. The choice depends on your individual needs and the procedure being carried out:
Even though you will remain conscious after you have been given the sedation, you will lose some consciousness. This allows you to relax, while still being able to communicate and perform basic actions throughout the procedure.
This type of sedation will cause you to lose total consciousness and will be used for highly-invasive procedures or extreme cases of anxiety.
What Are the Benefits of Sedation Dentistry?
- Both forms of sedation are highly effective and safe.
- It provides comfort during long procedures or if you feel anxious.
- Highly trained anesthesiologists administer the sedatives in the comfort of our dental practice.
- They are cost-effective forms of sedation dentistry.
Stay Relaxed with Our Sedation Dentistry in Coppell, Texas
Don’t put off your next dental treatment in fear of the experience, because we can create an environment that you can feel calm and relaxed in. Simply contact us today to book a free consultation so you can discuss what options are available to you. We even offer Saturday or evening appointments.
Dossett Dental Coppell
651 N Denton Tap Rd #170
Coppell, TX, 75019
Hours Of Operation
8:30am to 1:00pm
8:30am to 5:30pm
8:30am to 4:00pm
8:30am to 2:00pm